Saturday, March 2, 2013

Where does one start ?

Wow, how daunting a blank page, where does one start for their first blog post, well l'll let you know l'm not a gifted writer, and my grammer might be a bit off, but l'll try and make it interesting and include lots of photos.





My blog posts will mainly focus on screen printing, how l go about it, show my set up and l'll even share my mess up's.



l hope this is of interest and helps anyone interested in screen printing. There's nothing quite like lifting a screen up and seeing a print that works, but it can be a bit disheartening when its doesn't and l've had a few, but l've used them as a learning experience, well thats what l say at the time, while l'm muttering to my self, and pick my bottom lip off the floor.


Screenprint is a bit of trial and error, but l have found it to be a really rewarding and wonderful pass time, l even (sshh) day dream at work about my next idea's/project etc. In fact  l can't keep up with my idea's ,so l keep a note book full of them.


 I did some classes a couple of years ago ,well worth it, as l learnt heaps and that really fired up my passion for it, l even asked my dad to make me a exposure box for my birthday, which he did, gotta love a handy dad.

Well this blogging may take me a while to get my head around, but hope this is a good start.

                                                                          ~ kim ~

9 comments:

  1. this is great kim, the photo's look fantastic and dont worry about your blogs, they have your funny and beautiful personality in them,, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on your new blog. i have not tried screen printing - yet. it is surely something that i want to do in the near future. i am looking forward to learning from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cheryl,for the welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new blog!! Looking forward to seeing and hearing more : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to "meet" you here and congratulations on the new blog! Now I am terrified of all the talent in our swap group - I am only just discovering printing and very excited to see how it all goes...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Leslie,,and Mousy Brown, l to can't make up my mind what to print for the swap, decisions, decisions...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the new blog! Your designs are great! I'm excited to see more.

    I think I'm a bit out of my league with this swap! But, I promise to try my hardest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amber,all my vintage illustrations are from old storybooks,l just wanted to give them life again by printing and sharing.
      But for the swap,l'm "still" deciding what to do,,,,

      Delete